My answers to BSF study questions
All scriptures for this lesson
Questions for this lesson
6. Paul glories in the work God has done through him. (Guzik)
Paul will glory only in what Christ has done through him. He is sure that Christ has done great things through him, and he is glad that he can draw attention to those things. But he is not trying to attract adulation. It is what Christ has done that is his theme. (Morris)
In Romans 15:14, Paul points out that even Jesus, the Messiah, was sent as a servant to the Jewish people to fulfill the promises God made to our ancestors and to prove God’s faithfulness. (TPT) So even Jesus didn’t boast in himself.
The kingdom of God is upside down compared to the world.
A godly resume–
- formerly a slave to sin (Romans 6:6)
- chosen by God
- saved by grace, not by my own merit
- seeking first God’s kingdom and God’s righteousness
- a living sacrifice, not my will but God’s
- doing foolish things (and they confound the wise) (1 Corinthians 1:27)
- I am weak, but I do things that confound the mighty.
(The [Greek] word for weak asthene describes something that is so substandard, second-rate, low-grade and inferior that it’s almost laughable!
Confound means to put to shame, to embarrass, to confuse, to frustrate, or to baffle.
The kingdom of this age–
Seek to fulfill your own desires for power, fame, fortune, pleasure, influence, recognition, happiness, security, fun, and adventure.
Be tough. Put yourself first. The universe is here to serve you. Do it your way.
The Kingdom of the World vs. The Kingdom of God (an interesting article)
7. In Christ Jesus, then, I have reason to be proud of my work for God. (Vs 17 ESV)
Paul will glory only in what Christ has done through him. He is sure that Christ has done great things through him, and he is glad that he can draw attention to those things. But he is not trying to attract adulation. It is what Christ has done that is his theme. (Morris via Guzik)
I don’t feel particularly successful in any area of my life.
Truly, any good fruit has to be God.
8. Paul fulfilled his call to spread the good news to the Gentiles.
This website is reaching more people in more nations than I ever imagined. I didn’t have that vision or goal in mind. I hoped someone would read it and find it helpful, but I do it because I believe God said to.
9. Opportunities to share
I share the good news with my grandchildren, neighbors, the occasional stranger, people I meet online, and readers of this website.
Join the discussion on our FACEBOOK PAGE or leave a comment below.
Please help spread the Word by clicking “like” and sharing this post with your friends and via social media.
- Posts may contain affiliate links. If you purchase a product through an affiliate link, your cost will be the same but Off Grid Worship will automatically receive a small commission. Your support is greatly appreciated and helps us spread our message!
MY answers — not THE answers — to BSF study questions on Romans Lesson 28 Day 3 ~ Romans 15:17-21